Monday, January 10, 2011

Some Quick Topical Politics Thoughts

In light of the events of Saturday, I wondered about some of the rhetoric being used in modern politics in the last few years. It seems familiar somehow. Then I remembered.

When I was in Afghanistan in 2006, I would read about people, including beautiful, innocent children, being shot and blown up by the Taliban. Today, it seems that most people agree that the Taliban and their cohorts are terrorists, and they should not be allowed to triumph. I wonder now how the Taliban's beliefs line up with the beliefs of the modern U.S. Right. In what ways does The Right use terror tactics?

In any event, the shooting was a tragic thing to have happened. I hope that this event can signal a change in political discourse and a return to civility.

No comments:

Post a Comment